Information Liaison & Training, ILT Division acts as a nodal point between Institute & outside agencies for promotion, utilization and implementation of Institute knowledge base. The main activities of the division include dissemination of the information, research liaison, development of human resource; and marketing of Institute’s knowledge base. Liaisoning with outside departments and agencies in India and abroad and organizing various training programmes either regular or customized for the highway & transportation professionals.
Dissemination of R&D products is promoted through a variety of channels i.e. publications like CSIR-CRRI Annual Report, CRRI Newsletter, CRRI Profile, CRRI at a glance, CRRI history, Training booklet, Sadak Darpan etc.
ILT also promote and popularize significant achievements and R&D Expertise through various technical exhibitions.
ILT maintains an active liaison with various highway research organizations both in India & abroad for exchange of information & technical expertise. As a result, CRRI sends number of Scientists to India/ abroad to attend conferences or to receive training on any road related equipments or software’s.
ILT make efforts to disseminate information, activities, findings and recommendations by organizing various workshops and conferences at CSIR -CRRI through exchanging information and knowledge transfer on Roads and Road related areas.
ILT also commemorate National days and celebrates National Science Day on 28th Feb., National Technology Day on 11th May, CSIR-CRRI Foundation Day on 16th July, CSIR Foundation Day on 26 September, and Independence Day on 15th August.
In addition to the above, ILT also organizes other programs launched by honorable Prime Minister such as “Jigyasa” programme to connect scientists and students and inculcate the culture of inquisitiveness on one hand and scientific temper on the other, amongst the school students and their teachers. ILT division has also observed Swachchta Pakhwaras, Vigilance awareness week, Road Safety week etc. successfully.
ILT division is also facilitating B. Tech & M. Tech students who come for their dissertation work at CSIR-CRRI. ILT has devised the guidelines and designed the proforma for the students to apply online through CRRI website twice in a year in the months of April and October.
Training is an important activity of the division & we have trained more than 25,000 engineers so far. Several regular and customized training programmes are organized on various aspects of road and road transportation to develop trained manpower for effective implementation of research based technologies in highway projects.
- Training & Human Resource Development
- Event Management
- Marketing & Technology Transfer
- Press Policy
- Training Hall, Seminar Hall, Council Hall, conference room and auditorium to Organize Workshops, Training Programmes, Seminars, meetings etc.
- Training with Modern Projection and Audio-Visual Facilities
- Guest House wing 1 & wing 2
- Canteen with VIP dining hall
- Recreation club
- Photographic, Video recording, photocopier, Lamination facilities etc.
- Human Resource Development of Highway engineer from Road Organizations
- Customized Training Programmes for Highway Engineers
- Dissemination of Road Transport related Issues
- Road Research Work done in India
- Technical Exhibitions related to Road and Road Transport
- Publications-Annual Report, Newsletter, Brochure, Sadak Darpan etc
- Technology Transfer and Marketing of Institute’s Knowledge Base
- International Scientific and Technological affairs
- Facilitation of M. Tech and B. Tech Student’s internship
- Observance of Programs launched by honorable Prime Minister
Training Programmes Offered
CRRI organizes regular training programmes at CRRI in every financial year. In-service Highway Engineers can avail the training facility of CRRI by applying online through website or contact by mail. Training programmes for present financial year are as under:
Regular Training Programmes for Highway Engineers
- Geotechnical and Landslide Investigations for Highway Projects
- Traffic Engineering & Road Safety Audit
- Design Construction & Quality Control of Flexible Pavement
- Quality Assurance, Health Assessment & Rehabilitation of Bridges
- International Course on Dissemination of HDM-4
- Design of Bridge Structure & Foundation
- Pavement Evaluation Techniques and their applications for Maintenance and Rehabilitation
- Landslide Mitigation & Detailed Project Report Preparation
- Design, Construction, Quality Control and Maintenance of Rigid Pavements
- Planning for Sustainable Transportation System
Customized Training Programmes for Highway Engineers
In addition to the above, CRRI also organizes customized training programmes on the request of the clients as per their requirement either at CRRI or at Clients premises. Several organizations such as NRIDA, RITES, Air force Headquarter, Border Road Organization, Municipal corporations, Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), Delhi Development Authority (DDA), Department of Development of North East Region (DONER), Government of India, Rural Engineering Services (UP), World Bank, State Bridge Corporation, and several State PWDs have availed the services of CRRI in this regard.