CSIR-CRRI offers opportunities to graduate and post graduate students to carry out summer internship or brief dissertation related to Roads and Transportation to students of various Government engineering colleges, NITs/IITS etc.
- Student will directly apply online through our website for summer training/dissertation work.
- Student will receive a mail to attach and send the required documents as under :
- A request letter from the college on its Letter Head
- Mark sheet/Document of average CGPA
- College Identity Card
- Applications received will be screened on the basis of marks/grade. Students with CGPA 7.5 (75% marks) and above from IITs/NITs and CGPA 8.0 (80% marks) and above from other universities will be eligible for training at CRRI.
- Preference will be given to students coming from reputed organizations like IITs, NITs and Universities especially for M. Tech dissertation work.
- Final list of selected students will be uploaded on CRRI website within a week time. No Division/Area will engage any student trainee for summer training/dissertation work directly. There would be no individual commitment by Scientists prior to selection of students by competent authority.
- A maximum of four students from any university/institute will be accepted at any given time of the year.
- Training opportunities can be offered only during the two time periods. B. E./B. Tech students will be taken for practical training after their 6th semester. Applications after 4th semester will not be entertained.
- Applications for June-November (Autumn Semester) slot will be accepted during 1st April to 30th April every year and selected candidates will be informed by 10th May. Applications for December-May (Spring Semester) slot will be accepted during 1st October to 31st October every year and selected students will be informed by 10th November. All applications will be accepted through online web portal of CSIR-CRRI.
- Minimum residency period for B. Tech/M. Tech students' summer internship will be 06 weeks and that for M. Tech students’ dissertation will be 4-6 months.
- CSIR-CRRI do not pay any stipend to the student for summer internship/dissertation work.
- The selected students will report to ILT division for joining. Student will be sent to respective HoD/Supervision to start the work. Student has to submit a work plan (synopsis) of the project to ILT within 10 days duly signed by CRRI Guide & HoD. The guide will ensure that the student will work only on the designated topic.
- After the completion of the project work/dissertation, the student will submit the project report (soft copy) to ILT. Thereafter a certificate will be issued from ILT division against "No Objection Certificate" from the Guide.
- Students coming for their dissertation work will be required to write a research paper based on their work in consultation with their supervisor.
- No Accommodation will be provided to the students in normal course. Only deserving candidates will be given accommodation that too for short duration in CRRI Hostel depending on the availability.
For any further query, students may contact at emails:
interns [dot] crri [at] nic [dot] in
headilt [dot] crri [at] nic [dot] in
headilt [dot] crri [at] gmail [dot] com
View the list of candidates selected for the internship/dissertation work – April 2022 onwards session