Due to COVID-19 pandemic, CSIR-CRRI offers opportunities to graduate and post graduate students to carry out ONLINE summer internship or brief dissertation related to Roads and Transportation to students of various Government engineering colleges, NITs/IITS etc.
- Student will directly apply online through our website for summer training/dissertation work.
- Student will attach following documents with the online application:
- A request letter from the college on its Letter Head
- Bio-data / CV of the Candidate indicating their cumulative grade points
- College Identity Card
- Applications received will be screened on the basis of marks/grade. Students with CGPA 7.5 (75% marks) and above from IITs/NITs and CGPA 8.0 (80% marks) and above from other universities will be eligible for training at CRRI.
- Preference will be given to students coming from reputed organizations like IITs, NITs and Universities especially for M. Tech dissertation work.
- Final list of selected students will be uploaded on CRRI website within a week time. No Division/Area will engage any student trainee for summer training/dissertation work directly. There would be no individual commitment by Scientists prior to selection of students by competent authority.
- A maximum of four students from any university/institute will be accepted at any given time of the year.
- Training opportunities can be offered only during the two time periods. B. E./B. Tech students will be taken for practical training after their 6th semester. Applications after 4th semester will not be entertained.
- Applications for June-November (Autumn Semester) slot will be accepted during 1st April to 30th April every year and selected candidates will be informed by 10th May. Applications for December-May (Spring Semester) slot will be accepted during 1st October to 31st October every year and selected students will be informed by 10th November. All applications will be accepted through online web portal of CSIR-CRRI.
- Minimum residency period for B. Tech/M. Tech students' summer internship will be 06 weeks and that for M. Tech students’ dissertation will be 4-6 months.
- CSIR-CRRI do not pay any stipend to the student for summer internship/dissertation work.
- The selected students for ONLINE dissertation work have to contact their respective supervision and submit a synopsis of thesis within 10 working days at interns [dot] crri [at] nic [dot] in. The guide will ensure that the student will work only on the designated topic.
- After the completion of the project work/dissertation, the student will submit the project report to ILT in pdf format. Thereafter a certificate will be issued from ILT division after submitting “No Objection Certificate” through guide & HoD.
- Students completing their dissertation work will be required to write a research paper based on their work in consultation with their supervisor.
View the list of candidates selected for the dissertation work – October 2021 session
For any further query, students may contact at emails :
interns [dot] crri [at] nic [dot] in/
headilt [dot] crri [at] nic [dot] in/