Rajbhasha section is entrusted with promoting the use of Hindi in the official day to day work as well as works of permanent nature. It is the responsibility of Rajbhasha section to make the officers & employers aware of the Official Language Policy of the Union Government and the provisions & orders of the Official Languages Act ; to provide help for the compliance and make them comply. Officials posted in Rajbhasha Section include a Hindi Officer, a Junior Hindi Translator and a Private Secretary.
- To make the officers & employers aware of the Official Language Policy of the Union Government and the provisions & orders of the Official Languages Act ; to provide help for the compliance and make them comply.
- Translation work from English to Hindi and from Hindi to English.
- Hindi Training - Hindi Language, Hindi Typing / Stenography and Training for working in Hindi on computers.
- To organise the meeting of the Official Language Implementation Committee, to prepare agenda and minutes and to coordinate the actions taken on the decisions of the OLIC.
- To contact the Department of Official Languages, MHA through proper channel
- To prepare supporting and reference literature.
- To manage Hindi workshop.
- To organise Hindi Day, Hindi week / Fortnight / Month.
- Works regarding inspection of the Parliamentary Committee on Official Language and Actions to complete the assurances.
- To prepare and send the Quarterly progress report regarding Official Language Implementation to the CSIR Headquarter.
Significant Permanent Works
- Hindi Translation of Annual Report of CRRI.
- Hindi Translation of CRRI Newsletter
- Publication of ‘Sadak Darpan
- Bilingual Telephone Directory.
- Bilingual format of all forms and standard drafts used in the institute .
- Scientific Lecture in Hindi.
- Hindi Translation of CRRI Website.
- Hindi Translation of “CRRI at a Glance”.
- Facility of Hindi Software / fonts on computers.
- Training of Google Voice Typing in Hindi.
- Preparation of the Quarterly progress report regarding Official Language Implementation, review and follow up action.