||Writgen Make WLB 10S & Accufoamer
The foaming plant used at the following test conditions.
Air pressure: 500 kPa; Water pressure: 550 kPa; Asphalt binder pressure: 150 kPa;
This mobile plant was specially designed to produce foamed bitumen under laboratory conditions, to investigate foamed bitumen characteristics and to generate foamed asphalt mixes as well by attaching a mechanical mixer to the foaming unit. The foamed bitumen produced by this unit is similar to that produced by the foamed bitumen systems mounted on large recycling machines (such as the Wirtgen WR 2500). The bitumen temperature (available up to 2000C) and foaming water content (available up to 12 %) can be controlled by this machine in order to investigate the optimal application rate for asphalt mixes. Calibrated foamability cylinder is used to collect foam. Dip rod and stop watch is used to find foam volume and half life of foam.
Foamed bitumen may also be known as foam bitumen, or expanded bitumen or foamed asphalt or expanded asphalt, but in the present study the term “foamed bitumen (FB)” is used. It is produced when cold water (with varying percentage) and air under pressure are injected into hot bitumen (between temperatures of 150°C and 180°C). Foamed bitumen has been used in pavement construction in different ways. This includes new pavement construction as well as recycling.
The following are advantages of foamed bitumen:
- Reduced binder and transportation cost, as foamed bitumen requires less binder and water than other types of cold mixing.
- Energy conservation, because only the binder needs to be heated while the aggregates are mixed in while cold and damp.
- Environmental side-effects resulting from the evaporation of volatiles from the mix are avoided since curing does not result in the release of volatiles.
- Set the Binder Temperature,
- Set the foaming water content
- Set the binder content
- Set air pressure and binder flow rate
- Start the equipment
CSIR-Central Road Research Institute,
Delhi-Mathura Road, New Delhi-110025
Phone: 011-26832173, 26832325
Email: director [dot] crri [at] nic [dot] in
Instrument Usage Charges(Including GST)
|Rs 4.13 Lacks /sample
||Rs 2.36 Lacks /sample
||Rs 1.77 lacks /sample