Make:Proceq SA, SwitzerlandModel:Pundit PL-200Specification: Range:0.1 – 7930 µsResolution:0.1 µs (< 79 1 µs (> 793 µs)Display:7” colour display 800x480 pixelsPulse Voltage UPV:100 – 450 VppBandwidth:20 – 500 kHzReceiver Gain :1x – 10’000x (0 – 80dB) [11 steps]Memory Internal :8 GB Flash memoryRegional Settings:Metric and imperial units and multi-language supportedBattery:Lithium Polymer, 3.6 V, 14.0 AhBattery Lifetime:> 8h (in standard operating mode)Operating Temperature
:0°C – 30°C (Charging, running instrument)
:0°C – 40°C (Charging, instrument is off)
:-10°C – 50°C (Non-charging)
Humidity:< 95 % RH, non condensingIP Classification:IP54
Ultrasonic Pulse Velocity (UPV) testing of concrete is based on the pulse velocity method to provide information on the uniformity of concrete, cavities, cracks and defects. Presence of voids, honeycombing or other discontinuities. The pulse velocity in a material depends on its density and its elastic properties which in turn are related to the quality and the compressive strength of the concrete. This method is applicable to assess the uniformity and relative quality of the concrete, to indicate the presence of voids and cracks, and to evaluate the effectiveness of crack repair. It is also applicable to indicate change in the properties of concrete, and in the survey of structures, to estimate the severity of deterioration or cracking.
- Assessment of Concrete Quality
- Ultrasonic Pulse Velocity
- Uniformity of concrete
- Compressive strength of concrete
- Determination of crack depth in concrete structures
- Modulus of elasticity concrete
- Put a small amount of shear wave coupling gel on the transducers.
- Firmly press the transducers on either side of the 26 µs calibration rod. Make sure that the coupling gel is properly distributed and that no air is trapped between the transducer and the calibration rod.
- Connect the transducers to Pundit.
- Select the 54 kHz transducer to conduct the UPV test as per manual
- Zero the instrument as described in the manual
CSIR-Central Road Research Institute,
Delhi-Mathura Road, New Delhi-110025
Phone: 011-26832173, 26832325
Email: director [dot] crri [at] nic [dot] in
Instrument Usage Charges
Ultrasonic Pulse Velocity (UPV) Tester charges includes GST: 9,50,000/- (excluding tax)